Cardiac First Response
Cardiac First Response Course
Course Aim: To provide students with the ability to recognise and treat immediately life-threatening conditions such as Heart Attack, Cardiac Arrest, Stroke or Choking.
Course Structure: The course is run over a 6-8 hour duration and utilises the very latest DVD technology to maximise student learning. The emphasis is focused upon maximum practical skills training.
Course Content Overview:
- Early warning signs of Heart Attack
- Patient Care Reporting
- Basic principles of medication administration.
- Recognition of Sudden Cardiac Death.
- The Chain of Survival
- Safe use of the Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Adult -Child & Infant.
- Recognition of Stroke
- FAST assessment of stroke patients.
- Choking (Foreign body Airway Obstruction) Adult Child & Infant.
Course Tutors: Instructors are practiced Paramedics or Advanced Paramedics with many years experience in delivering this course.
Course fee: €150 per student.